Scholarships and Student Awards
For the 2016-2017 academic year, CALS awarded $360,800 to 318 undergraduate students. All full-time undergraduate students enrolled in or entering the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences or the Biological Engineering major are eligible to apply.
Undergraduate scholarship applications for the 2017-2018 academic year are due March 12, 2017. Applications will be reviewed by a faculty committee for evidence of scholarship; scholastic achievements, honors and awards; extracurricular activities; and professional potential. Awards will be made based on individual fund criteria and availability of funds. Applicants will be notified in August 2017.
- CALS Outstanding Senior Award: The J. Wayne Reitz Medal of Excellence
- Larry J. Connor Medal of Excellence (Seniors)
- CALS Alumni and Friends Leadership Award (Seniors)
- Emelie L. Matthews Award of Excellence (Seniors - Transfer Students Only)
- CALS Outstanding Junior Award: E. T. York, Jr. Medal of Excellence
- Jimmy G. Cheek Graduate Student Medal of Excellence (due Feb. 8, 2017)
- Jack L. Fry Award for Excellence in Teaching (due Feb. 8, 2017)
Each spring, CALS recognizes outstanding juniors and seniors at its Scholarship and Leadership Awards Banquet (April 18, 2017). Three finalists will be recognized for each award.
Graduate Scholarships, Awards and Travel Grants
For the 2016-2017 academic year, CALS awarded $126,200 to 59 graduate students.
Graduate scholarship applications for the 2017-2018 academic year are due April 1, 2017. Applications will be reviewed by a faculty committee and awards will be made based on individual fund criteria and availability of funds. Award notification will be made in early August 2017.
In addition to scholarships, CALS recognizes graduate students with the following awards:
Click here to learn about UF Graduate School Teaching Assistant Award Nominations.
Click here to review information on graduate student awards, travel grants and fellowships.
Student scholarship and awards recipients are recognized at the CALS Scholarship and Leadership Awards Banquet each April.